Hello,
My name is Assem Ali and I'm currently working on my proposal for the
Parsing project.

First of all, I know that I'm really late but I had a job and I needed to
quit it to find time to work on the proposal and I couldn't quit it before
the 26th of this month.

The Parsing project caught my interest and I read about the work that was
done at GSoC 2019 regarding the C & Fortran parsers. Here
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2019-Report-Nikhil-Maan:-Creating-a-C-and-Fortran-parser-for-SymPy>

My question is, what is the best plan to follow? should I propose to
implement parsers for Julia and Octave, or propose to improve the current C
& Fortran parsers?

My original plan was to create Julia & Octave parsers, and then work on
optimizing the C parser in case there is time left or in case the deadline
will be expanded. I picked the C parser specifically because it had the
lowest test coverage rate.

My other question is if it will be so late to post my proposal here at 1st
April.

Can potential mentors Jason Moore or Sam Brockie reply to me please.

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards.