Hi.

I'm not sure if the things you mentioned are implemented or not, but
if they are, they would be in the sympy.stats module. If they aren't
there yet, it sounds like they would be appropriate for that
submodule. sympy.stats implements the algebra of random variables you
are talking about. Taking ratios of random variables is supported,
although there may be different things that aren't yet implemented.

Also note that some of these things are more general mathematical
concepts applied to statistics (like asymptotic expansions), which may
already be implemented in other parts of SymPy. For example, there is
support for asymptotic expansions (aseries()), although I don't know
if Sterling's approximation is implemented.

Aaron Meurer