Dear all,

The last 2 months I have been busy researching the Method of Macaulay and
implementing this method in the beam module of SymPy. I am a Civil
Engineering student at the TU Delft and did this project as my bachelor
thesis. The report can be found
here:
https://repository.tudelft.nl/record/uuid:73518fcb-e2a6-4b63-9c6c-22607e11ebe9.

In the first part of this project I focused on using the method of Macaulay
to describe hinges. The second part of the project focused on calculations
of influence lines for beams with hinges. Both parts were implemented into
the SymPy code and the pull request that followed from these
implementations were accepted.

I am posting this on here because I hope there will be people (for example
other TU Delft students) that would want to continue with this project. As
described in my report, the method of Macaulay can be used to describe a
lot more mechanics topics. Implementation of these topics could greatly
benefit the possibilities of the Beam module.

If you are interested in continuing with this project or have any other
questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Mark van Gelder