> Hi Robin,
>
> i had the same problem long time ago, so i'm not sure if
> i remember
> correctly.
>
> The solution might be:
>
> Constructor TTCPEchoDaemon.Create;
> begin
>   sock:=TTCPBlockSocket.create;
>   FreeOnTerminate:=true;
>
>   inherited create(false); <<<-------  Put the inherited
> line at the end
> end;
>
> I think on free pascal the thread starts immediately
> after the inherited
> call (if the resume parameter is false),
> in Delphi the thread starts after the constructor is
> completely done.
>
> I'm always create the thread with suspend = true and
> start the explicit
> with a resume call.
>
> Alex

Thanks Alex, have tried this but still have the same
problem. At this stage I am going to re-install
Ubuntu/Laz/FPC natively without using VirtualBox to see if
this may solve the problem - when I try to install guest
additions for VirtualBox the kernel compile fails, so this
may be the related to the problem I am experiencing.

Cheers
Rob

“EAST RAND SECURITY EXPO NOW ON”

http://www.swiftsms.co.za/swiftT/track.asp?e=*em*&cid=113&u=8&tid=2011