Al 25/05/11 21:42, En/na Ludo Brands ha escrit:
> SO_LINGER has some side effects in closing a socket. From
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms737582%28v=vs.85%29.aspx: If the
> l_onoff member of the LINGER structure is zero (the default for a socket),
> closesocket returns immediately and the connection is gracefully closed in
> the background.
> Gracefully means sending remaining data and shutdown handshake.

If there's any remaining data, it should send that, not keepalive packets,
shouldn't it?
I saw the retries in the shutdown handshake when I pulled the cable, even
after I closed the application, and I find that normal.

> The "in the
> background" could mean that this could take a while and not finished when
> the app is already closed.

It was a very long while and, again, I think it should send either the
remaining data (there was none, BTW) or try to tear down the connection,
not sending keepalive packets.

> Could also explain the fact that the problem is
> not always repeatable.
>
> The additional CloseSocket doesn't return an error?

I don't know (since I'm closing down I don't check the error), but
I see two FIN on the wire (both acknowledged by the peer).

BTW, I later discovered that the computer was infected with conficker,
I don't know if that's relevant or not.

Bye
--
Luca