From:           Tony Caduto <tony.cad...@gmail.com>
To:             Ararat Synapse <synalist-public@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date:           Sun, 24 Mar 2013 19:25:46 -0500
Subject:        Re: [Synalist] Development of SFTP Server unit

You know there is a libssh2 binding for synapse that would provide better
compatibility as well as a better and more flexible licensing scheme.
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Synapse#Synapse_libssh2_SSL_plugin

I really don't like cryptlib because of its restrictive license.

Good job  :-)
On Mar 24, 2013 5:58 PM, "Itzik Mintz" <mi...@dvir.org.il> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the help of Sergey Malahov I developed a unit by the name
> "SFTPServer.pas".
> This unit provides all the code required to implement an SFTP sever using
> the
> Synapse library and the Cryptlib dll.
>
> This unit works perfectly with an SFTP client based on the
> "SimpleSFTP.pas" unit
> that is part of the Synapse delivery.
> However any attempt to communicate with the server using any other client
> fails.
> In most cases the client authenticates and connects to the server and
> immediately
> disconnects.
>
> I was testing with the following clients: Filezilla, PSFTP, WinSCP and
> "Core FTP LE".
> All those clients are available for download from the net.
> To my best understanding all those clients are based on "FreeSSH".
>
> My personal feeling is that the problem lies in the Cryptlib library.
> I contacted "Piter Gutmann" the author of cryptlib who suggested few
> modifications to
> the latest Cryptlib version (3.4.2.0).
> Those changes improved the situation but did not solve the problem
> completely.
>
> I am now offering this unit to the Synapse community in a hope that some
> one will be
> able to provide a solution.
> Once a solution is found I will gladly contribute this unit to the synapse
> community for
> use by other members.
>
> The code for the server can be found at the following link:
> www.pantaray.com/SFTP.html
>

> Regards,
> Itzik Mintz

Attachment converted: