On 5/15/2017 6:22:16 AM Lukas Gebauer <gebyl...@mlp.cz> wrote:

  > > I developed a program to send (IMAP) and receive email on Lubuntu 15.10
with Lazarus
  > 1.4.4.
  > > There it runs perfectly.
  > > When I run it on newer Linux versions, luke Lubuntu 16.04, Xubuntu 16.04
or Debian
  > Jessie, it runs but cannot send nor receive email. The login fails.
  > >
  > > I installed Lazarus on Debian Jessie, and compiled there my program,
thinking that
  > in that way it may be linked with the right libraries. It compiels fine,
but still
  > it fails to connect by SMTP or IMAP when it runs.
  > >
  > > May be Synapse, which is quite old, links with outdated ssh libraries? I
don't
  > know.

  > Did you mean "it using SSL"? If yes, then Synapse not yet supporting
  > OpenSSL 1.1.

  > However I have some patches by Patrick Chevalley (thank you!), so I
  > plan to add support for latest OpenSSL versions soon.

  > --
  > Lukas Gebauer.

  > http://synapse.ararat.cz/ - Ararat Synapse - TCP/IP Lib.
  > http://geoget.ararat.cz/ - Geocaching solution

I will show you some code to make it more clear.

This code compiles and runs fine from inside Lubuntu 15.10:

var
imap: TImapSend;

imap := TImapSend.Create;
imap.Username := UN;
imap.Password := PA;
imap.FullSSL:=true;
imap.AutoTLS:=true;
imap.TargetPort:=IPORT;
imap.TargetHost := HO;
if imap.Login then begin
end;

The program fails to login when running from newer Linux versions (Lubuntu,
Debian).

Following the tips I received I downloaded the last synapse from trunk and
added these two lines, before the login line:

imap.Sock.SSL.SSLType:=LT_TLSv1_2;
imap.Sock.SSLDoConnect();

The problem is still there. Any insights? What I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel