El 24/2/20 a les 17:48, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
Hello,

I'm trying to get/set the thumbnail attribute from active directory (actually samba 4), which is a binary attribute. I'm at the "get" stage now and I couldn't get a correct picture unless I apply the workaround in the last message here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/synalist/mailman/message/6575577/

any idea why?

I checked trunk and the non working code is still there.
I'm using fpc 3.2.0 in case that matters.

I think it's the UnquoteStr in TLDAPAttribute.Put that's messing up the value: I'm using "thumbnailPhoto" as the attribute name, so isBinary is false. OTOH had I used "thumbnailPhoto;binary" I think the EncodeBase64 would have ruined it even more? As it is now (i.e. removing the FIsBinary check and the DecodeBase64/EncodeBase64/UnquoteStr) it works both ways (retrieving and setting the picture). Given that the above message is from 2006 I think nobody really uses ldapsend.

Bye
--
Luca