Op 09-08-2023 om 20:08 schreef paste...@gmx.com:
i am actially using   -S2gch    (which is -Mobjfpc ??)  in /etc/fpc.cfg
there must be something else in /etc/fpc.cfg i'm not seeing
I normally compile with Lazarus but it uses fpc as follows:

Q:\dev32\fpc\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe -MObjFPC -Scghi -Cirot -O1 -gw3 -gl -gh -l -vewnhibq ^ -FuQ:\dev32\config\onlinepackagemanager\packages\synapse40.1\lib\i386-win32 ^
-otestmariadb.exe ^
testmariadb.lpr

^ is continuation of previous line in a command prompt.
This command works for me too in a command prompt.
Even without the adding of byte() in Chr(Command).

revision 5 compiles fine but even with your -Mobjfpc header i still had to add
the 'byte()'
Buffer := Chr(byte(Command)) + SQL;
Command is an unumerated type and I thought you should just be able to feed that to Chr().

But even without options with the following it doesn't complain about the Chr(Command).

Q:\dev32\fpc\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe -FuQ:\dev32\config\onlinepackagemanager\packages\synapse40.1\lib\i386-win32 testmariadb.lpr

I puzzled why that doesn't work for you.
I'll have to test this under Linux to see if it makes any difference.
BTW. Do you have the latest FPC version?

-S2 ( -Mobjfpc ) is already at the top of the source file.
h for ansistring is also at the top ($H+}
c for support for C operators I never use

you asked if i had any suggestions .... are you planming on making this a unit
library for the synapse code?
In the source is a TMariaDBConnector class. I could put this easily in a separate unit.
I would probably make this a github repository then.

I would need to include the BINARY edition then too. This version only uses TEXT protocol. This version uses a memory dataset. It will crash when there are millions of records (too great for memory). BINARY protocol has the upside of choosing how many records you want per call. That way you can 'step' though the resultset instead of getting it thrown all at once at you.
But the BINARY protocol is a bit more complicated :)

Grtz,
Rik