----- Original Message -----
> From: "Chris Karlof" <ckar...@mozilla.com>
> This is differs from the fxa-js-client, which doesn't do continuous
> adjustment. It only does it in response to timestamp errors, and when it
> does recover, it uses the timestamp in the server response, not in the
> header:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-js-client/blob/ba19a332489afc2f98da2e9b92c147e47942838d/client/lib/request.js#L69
>
> I'm also suspicious about the removal of this line, which removes using the
> Date header to adjust for skew:
> https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-js-client/pull/67#discussion_r9342366

We were getting timestamp errors on Saucelabs when using the Date header to
adjust for skew. We no longer see those errors, but that could be for other
reasons rather than the switch from using the Date header to the serverTime
response. Things are stable, so we left this alone.

> So some questions:
>
> 1) Is it ok (in at least the near term) for Desktop to use the Date header to
> adjust for skew instead of our Timestamp?
> 2) What does Android do?
> 3) Is it ok (in at least the near term) for the JS client to only correct in
> response to errors, and use the value in the error response to do so?

It wouldn't be too hard to add continuous adjustment to the js-client. The old
js-client had this.