From: Sync-dev <sync-dev-boun...@mozilla.org> on behalf of Bob Micheletto
<b...@mozilla.com>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 2:30:33 PM
To: Sync-dev@mozilla.org
Subject: Rebootable Sync Nodes

The current production sync node configuration allows for a sync node to be
recovered after it has been rebooted.  However, memcached is completely cleared
as a result.  Also, the tabs collection is lost for good, since it is presently
memcached only.

Is it safe for Sync clients to recover these nodes in this fashion?  If not,
could we make some modficiations for it to be safe?  And if so, is it a viable
strategy moving forward for patching systems in place instead of mass
migrations?

--Bob