Hi,
I've been running a local sync server for a long time (current
incarnation from July 2017) but some infra update broke it a week ago,
and I discovered it a couple of days ago.

fxa-auth-server would not start because of a node module version clash:

  fxa-auth-server.CRITICAL: uncaughtException Error: The module
  '/var/lib/fxa-auth-server/node_modules/scrypt-hash/build/Release
  /scrypt.node'
  was compiled against a different Node.js version using
  NODE_MODULE_VERSION 48. This version of Node.js requires
  NODE_MODULE_VERSION 57. Please try re-compiling or re-installing
  the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).

Which started my blues. I'm NOW on node 8.11.3 (because some post
recomended that instead of 8.15 or even 10), with npm 6.8 (install was
on 4.6 if memory serves) running on Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS.
I've reinstalled auth-server after pulling current from GIT.
Had to rename my MySQL user DB because now DB name is fixed at fxa.
Had to download geodb database because it was not downloaded and then
was missed at startup.
Now the server starts, and I was "invited" to confirm my id. When I do
so, and I click the confirmation URL, I'm sent to an OK page but FF
keeps telling me "reconnect to Sync".
When I do the sig-in, the "Confirm this sign-in" page has a red banner
saying "invalid request signature".

I'd very much appreciate some help in troubleshooting this.

TIA,
--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <t...@huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina