On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 20:24 +0100, Ove Kåven wrote:
> Den 01. nov. 2011 13:43, skrev Patrick Ohly:
> > On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 07:35 +0100, Ove Kåven wrote:
> >> It did not seem to quite work for me. The backend now stores EXDATEs
> >> that look like
> >>
> >> EXDATE:19700101T000000Z
> >>
> >> I suppose I'll need to take a look at why that happens later on.
> >
> > Remember to set loglevel=4 in both sync and target config, to get full
> > logging on both sides.
>
> There's some bug that causes it to bork if the EXDATE has a property
> (like TZID). The calendar-backend doesn't check the property anyway; it
> can go to UTC if the time itself has a "Z" suffix, but no other timezone
> overrides seem possible for this field.
>
> Would you know of another of those magic rules that would remove that
> TZID property?

Sorry, I didn't follow. So you have a RECURRENCE-ID with TZID which gets
converted into an EXDATE with that TZID? And you want to have an EXDATE
instead with that TZID+value converted into UTC?

That can be done with a before-write script for the Maemo calendar
backend. Grep for VCARD_BEFOREWRITE_SCRIPT_EVOLUTION to see how such a
script is defined and enabled. The content of that script has to be a
loop over the new recurrence IDs array field.

I can provide another patch if that is what you need.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.