On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Chris Kühl <blix...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Patrick Ohly <patrick.o...@intel.com> wrote:
>> On Mo, 2011-11-14 at 14:10 +0100, Chris Kühl wrote:
>>> For a while now I've been working on porting the syncevo-dbus-server
>>> to use the GIO dbus implementation, GDBus.  This is a configure time
>>> option that can be explicitly set using the --with-gio-gdbus flag or,
>>> if no flag is given, looks for an adequate version of GIO and, if
>>> found, builds with GIO GDBus.
>>>
>>> The work is taking place on the gio-gdbus branch. The code changes in
>>> the dbus/server/ files have only been made to make things work with
>>> both implementations. The GIO GDBus implmentation lives in the
>>> src/gdbusxx directory.
>>
>> Once you have something that you want to be included in an automatic
>> test run, push a branch called "for-master/gio-gdbus" and it will be
>> included in the next test run.
>>
>> Currently I start these runs manually, so drop me a note. The test run
>> will also not do much with that particular change except for checking
>> that it causes no regressions when --with-gio-gdbus is off, so I would
>> add a new build platform using Debian Testing where that flag is set,
>> then run the D-Bus tests there.
>>

> Ok. We should be close to requesting a merge. Only 2 failures to fix
> before we've reached parity on our machines.

After fixing those remaining issues, we ran the server under valgrind
and fixed up a few memory leaks we found. I've now created a
for-master/gio-gdbus branch, squashed the commits and pushed.

>>> Work is now being done to correct failures that the test-dbus.py
>>> script bring up. Currently there are no more errors but 23 failures.
>>> This is compared to 11 failures when running the test-dbus.py script
>>> on the master branch.
>>
>> None of those errors occur in the nightly testing of the master branch:
>> http://syncev.meego.com/2011-11-12-12-51_all/testing-amd64/nightly.html#dbus
>>

> I was thinking this may be the case.
>
>> Don't worry too much about the (probably) incomplete test setup, better
>> focus on the issues that are caused by the GIO GDBus usage. Eventually
>> it would be nice to know whether the other failures are really due to
>> some missing setup. They might also be genuine bugs which simply do not
>> show up on the test platform.
>>

> Yeah, déjà vu. ;) My goal is to reach parity now.

I currently get 8 failures for each wrapper on my machine and
Krzesimir gets 5 failures. We are both on Fedora 15.

>> What I see occasionally is that the D-Bus server doesn't shut down
>> (quickly enough?) after a test has completed.
>>

> Ok, I'll keep an eye out for this.

3 of my failures magically went away so this could have been it.

I'll now start to work out the plan for running multiple concurrent sessions.

Cheers,
Chris