Hello Patrick

> Do you plan to make this a one-way sync, i.e. copy event from multiple
> databases into one, then transfer from that merged database to phone
> without ever copying anything back? That should work. Two-way would be
> harder.
Yes, because of the lack of alternatives this is my idea.

> You can use the SyncEvolution --export/--import/--delete-items *
> operations to automate the merging.
The export into a file did work. What is not working is the import of
the two exported files into the new calender 'htc'. Here my try:
syncevolution --import sync/ccc htc calmobile

Where ccc is the file from the export. 'htc' is the user to access the
funambol server and 'calmobile' is the calendar name on the funambol
server.

Does the --import feature directly import the appointments from the
sync/ccc file into the calendar of the htc user on the server?

> There is a feature request pending about transparently merging multiple
> databases, but no-one has ever worked on that.
Sounds good, but I think that there are two less developers for
implementation?

> Alternatively you could switch to a sync client+protocol for the HTC
> which supports multiple databases. This is possible with CalDAV, see
> http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/projects/aCal and
> http://wiki.davical.org/w/CalDAV_Clients/Android
Thanks for the links. I have looked at this apps and they sound very
good.
Using CalDAV and CardDAV would completely exchange the Funambol server,
correct? So I would install calendarserver or eGroupware on my system
and use that instead of Funambol?

> At first glance I have not found a CardDAV client, though.
CardDAV-sync looks like being one.

> >   * [2012-04-26 23:52:02.759] Local Datastore 'calmobile':
> >     State=sync_mode_stable, SLOW sync, two-way
> >   * [2012-04-26 23:52:02.759] No common datastore formats -> cannot sync
> >     (415)
The problem here was a wrong configuration on the Funambol server. I
had SIF-E instead of vCalendar as 'default type'!

Would you suggest to switch to CalendarServer with the CalDAV protocol?

Kind regards

Max