On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 19:44 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Is there plans to support evolution the 3.5.x / 3.6 changes for this
> release as well?

Not in the SyncEvolution 1.3 release, but perhaps in 1.3.1.

>  At the moment it fails with a lot of errors like:
>
> /usr/include/evolution-data-server-3.6/libedataserver/e-source.h:20:2:
> error: #error "Only <libedataserver/libedataserver.h> should be
> included directly."
> In file included from ./src/syncevo/SmartPtr.h:27:0,
>                  from ./src/syncevo/SyncContext.h:24,
>                  from src/syncevo/util.cpp:23:
> ./src/syncevo/eds_abi_wrapper.h:57:42: fatal error:
> libedataserver/e-source-list.h: No such file or directory

That's probably the least of the problems that'll have to be solved for
3.6. I believe that the API will be changed in a backwards-incompatible
way.

My plan is to adapt the EBook/CalClient code (already with ifdef in the
EDS backend) to 3.6.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.