On 03/07/12 23:14, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 23:04 +1200, Jane Atkinson wrote:

>>> The problem is in the access to the WebDAV data. Username
>>> and/or password seem to be wrong.
>>>
>>> Are you sure you spelled the URL in the "database" property
>>> exactly as before? Looking up the "databasePassword" uses the
>>> URL as key in GNOME keyring.
>>>
>>> I suggest that you set the "databasePassword" property again,
>>> which will ensure that there is a matching entry in the GNOME
>>> keyring.
>>>

>> Actually, it was a phone@webdav config that I'd just setup, and
>> I'd forgotten to add the username and password to the
>> appropriate config.ini file (oops). Now it's working.
>
> The core question of course is: why wasn't it obvious from the
> available output? How can that output be improved so that I don't
> have to be involved in deciphering it? ;-)
>
> "error code from SyncEvolution authorization failed" lacks some
> kind of separator between "error code from SyncEvolution" and
> "authorization failed".
>
> Whether it is an error "from SyncEvolution" is open for debate: it
> is encountered inside SyncEvolution but in reality comes from the
> remote WebDAV server. It probably should be marked as "remote
> problem".
>
> Finally, there's no correlation with the affected source. That's
> because the code doesn't know that it is running as part of a
> source, something that has to be changed.

If I recall rightly, in a webdav config "remote" refers to the phone,
not the caldav server. Which is why I got fixated on the phone as
being the problem.

Something along the lines of "caldav URL / username / password
incorrect" or "Check caldav server connection / authentication
details" would have made it clear where to look.

Jane Atkinson