On 08. aug. 2012 09:10, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>> Checked again, and it seems that's not the case. It's using the SQLite
>> backend, not the Tracker backend, Still, even there, the
>> last-modified-time remains untouched from what the peer provides, only
>> the created-time seems to get overwritten.
>
> Then it would be the responsibility of the app to update the
> LAST-MODIFIED - see my other mail about the semantic of that field. I
> kind of hoped that the storage does it automatically to avoid the need
> for remembering that semantic aspect when writing apps, but I see how it
> might be useful to let the app decide whether data really changed. On
> the other hand, if nothing changed, why does the app write the item into
> storage?

Never mind, I found the place it updates the last-modified-time. It was
hiding in a different source file than the code to update the
created-time. (I assumed they would be near each other in the code, but
apparently not...)

> That might be an option. But I suspect that users would forget to set
> that flag when configuring multiple peers because they don't know about
> it. Perhaps the GUI can ensure that it is set correctly... which might
> become a problem when it is not set initially and later gets set when
> adding that second peer.

What made you choose to use time-based change tracking in KCalExtended
if you don't like it?