On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 17:50 +0200, Vladimir Elisseev wrote:
> Thanks for the tip! This isn't boost, but new gcc (migrated from 4.6.3
> to 4.7.1). Since it's not syncevolution related, I'll try to investigate
> what is the problem. Sorry for taking your time.

Not at all, thanks for reporting the problem. It may be relevant for
other people compiling SyncEvolution.

Note that it still could be a bug outside of gcc that is merely
triggered by the compiler update.

I have found (and fixed) bugs in SyncEvolution where the order of global
instance construction was relevant. Those bugs showed up only after a
change in the toolchain reordered global initialization. However, as I
said in the previous mail, in this case I think SyncEvolution is doing
the right thing (forcing construction of instances by embedding them in
a function).

What is your version of Boost and binutils?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.