On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, Max Pyziur wrote:

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, Patrick Ohly wrote:

Max Pyziur <p...@brama.com> writes:
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019, deloptes wrote:

Max Pyziur wrote:

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the first time running sync since upgrading to
F31.

But through F30, Sync has worked flawlessly Syncing with memotoo and
evolution.

I'm behind on updating SyncEvolution, sorry for that. I have to do a new
release which is based on and tested with the current set of libraries
available in modern distros. Milan does an excellent job with keeping
the packages building, but this can't replace upstream testing.

I am on debian - don't know F.

Now, using the gui interface, the following error message appears:
The sync process died unexpectedly.

I've tried slow sync, deleting the data on the server via the gui, but
each time the process dies with some variant of the above message.

So, I'm looking for some sort of log file to see if there any messages or
other indications of where the flaw would be.

Run it from the command line

SYCNEVOLUTION_DEBUG=3 syncevolution -r loglevel=6 <sync profile> addressbook

then in your ~/.cache/syncevolution you find the logs

Much thanks for your quick reply.

What parameters and syntax are required for <sync profile>?

<sync profile> is the name of your configuration. See "syncevolution
--print-configs".

Thank you.

I get:

memotoo = /home/pyz/.config/syncevolution/default/peers/memotoo

How do I use it in the context of this command:
SYCNEVOLUTION_DEBUG=3 syncevolution -r loglevel=6 <sync profile> addressbook

Simply placing the specified directory (/home/pyz/.config/syncevolution/default/peers/memotoo) in the place of <sync profile> produces errors.

I've been trying different approaches to the syntax; is this valid?

pyz@pegasus ~/.local/share/evolution> SYCNEVOLUTION_DEBUG=3 syncevolution -r
loglevel=6 /home/pyz/.config/syncevolution/default/peers/memotoo/config.ini
addressbook

It gives the following result:
[ERROR] error code from SyncEvolution fatal error (local, status 10500): no
such datastore(s): addressbook

Max
p...@brama.com
[recycle]