I think the general idea is just to approach the site owner (using the site's "contact us" type of page) in a friendly way and let them know that you like their site, that you see how RSS could benefit them, and offer to give them a hand in adding RSS support. However, I haven't done much in the Evangelist role, so others may have more specific input.
My results with the two I've adopted (and had previously suggested) aren't great, but could be worse. One was completely unaware of, and uninterested in learning about, RSS and what it might have to offer. The other was already aware of it and had some ideas on how he might add it to his site, but he didn't seem too interested in having me involved with that process, and (from what I've seen) there's still no RSS support on his site. I'm going to start that process with a couple more sites and hopefully I'll have a little more success, since both are for local non-profit organizations and the idea of free help should catch their attention. :-) -- Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.just-stuart.com/ On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:15:44 -0000, s_jones92000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > I adopted a few feeds that I suggested as an Evangelist. Syndic8's > instructions on what to do are not clear. The Evangelist is > supposed to contact the owner of the feed to see if they would like > to syndicate their content. I submitted the feed BECAUSE I wanted > it syndicated. What am I supposed to do now? Who am I supposed to > inform and how and then what happens? > > Help!!! > > Scott ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
