Thanks for the tip, the thing is I don't want to mess
around with the feed. I think it is valid, I can read
it fine with the library I use. I think the bug is
with feedvalidator.

The reason I can't mess around with it is it generated
deep in the bowels of some php forum code, somewhere I
don't want to poke around. 

Ideally I would like either someone to say it is valid
or not valid, if it is invalid then I will try and
change it and of course start with your suggestion!

I reckon it is valid, but I submit it for peer review.

--- Douglas Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try:
> 
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <rss version="2.0"
> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";>
>  <channel>
>   <dc:language>en-US</dc:language>
>   ...
> 
> Doug
> -- 
> Douglas Clifton
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://loadaveragezero.com/
> http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/
> http://loadaveragezero.com/drx/rss/recent
> 
> > 
> > Message: 2
> >    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:17:00 -0700 (PDT)
> >    From: Kent Gibson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Feed 412916
> > 
> > Would someone be kind enough to either validate
> 412916
> > or give me some advice.
> > 
> > This is the problem:
> > 
> > http://www.feedvalidator.org/
> > 
> > gives the following eror:
> > 
> > Sorry this feed does not validate.
> > 
> > *      line 2, column 0: rss is in an invalid
> > namespace: http://backend.userland.com/rss2
> > 
> > This is a feed generated from a forum and I asked
> one
> > of the developer's and he assures me the namespace
> is
> > correct and pointed me to a another validator
> where it
> > validates:
> > 
> > http://rss.scripting.com/
> > 
> > But with this validator you'll have to use this
> URL
> > because the validator doesn't seem to like the ';'
> > between the parameters.
> > 
> >
>
http://syndicatescape.com/bigblogzoo/index.php?type=rss2&limit=20&action=.xml
> > 
> > (this it the url registered at syndic8
> >
>
:http://syndicatescape.com/bigblogzoo/index.php?type=rss2;limit=20;action=.xml)
> 



                
____________________________________________________
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page 
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs 
 


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
<font face=arial size=-1><a 
href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hg8ilrq/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706173512:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124128872/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet 
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to