Not that I am overly sceptical, but any business that has to hide its details with a proxy I avoid like the plague. I run a business, my websites are registered under my business name, I have nothing to hide and in fact I think it adds one more layer of trust to potential customers. Personally, I wouldn't go near them without first getting more information than they have public ally available. Domains by Proxy, Inc. DomainsByProxy.com 15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353 Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States And from their website, I can't quite see what they are offering... For all we know, they could be offering to install a blog on your webserver and enable various services, or supply you with RSS feeds. Some of the things they are offering looks like a description of the functionality of certain blogging tools (like MoveableType for example). But, in saying that, it does look to meet a growing demand in the market place, and it could very well be genuine, I just don't like or trust the look of their site. Looking at their example site (http://blog.btigroup.com/public) it does look to me like they've installed a simple blog like service with syndicated content. If you look at their own weblog, it looks exactly the same as the sample site above (but with different content). Now if they have some background application/web portal that allows you to easily manage this, then it could be quite a neat tool, but if it is nothing more than a modified Moveable Type kind of application, then I'd want to know what I am getting for my money. If you go to http://myst-technology.com/ this appears to be part of what they are selling, so what you gain by going via RSSApplied I don't know. Better presented, this site/company could make an awful lot of money in the coming few months. After all, what they are looking to do is nothing more than Jeff has been asking the members of Syndic8 to do for free since its birth. In that if you find a site that you think would benefit from RSS/etc etc, then he asks you to adopt that site and offer advice to them on how to do it. This site looks to do the same, but they offer some sort of service (I am still not quite sure of what exactly they are offering, or for how much). I consider myself an above ground, honest businessman... (ere, whatever they are quoting, I'll do it for half price).
Regards Chris (ps. That was a joke about doing it for half price btw) _____ From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Weiss Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 11:31 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [syndic8] RSSApplied.com Does anyone know anything about this site or their "blogsite" concept? I have had someone contact me regarding enhancement of my site with their system, but I'm highly skeptical. Any insights would be appreciated. DW If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ _____ YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS * Visit your group "syndic8 <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8> " on the web. * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> . _____ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving. http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
