On 10/19/05, Brian Despain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> Ok - i don't think I have permission to do that. I have no way to set
> the state to "Redirected to a new feed id" I am a reviewer and not a
> editor which I am guessing that requires. Any editors take a stab at it?
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can -- unless I'm an editor without
knowing it. {grin} When you're viewing the feed, add/change the mode
to Approval, by ensuring the URL has &Mode=appr in the query string
(the part to the right of the ? mark). That will give you the status
change drop-down list and button.
The new feed may not be in the Syndic8 database yet. If that's the
case, I personally recommend using the Suggest feature after logging
out, so that the feed isn't directly associated with you, unless you
don't care. I see my "suggested feeds" list as a list of feeds that I
either personally maintain or that I would personnally recommend,
which in this sort of situation would often not apply. But I didn't
think about this until getting one (now-Dead) feed that I didn't
really care about in my "suggested feeds" list.
--
Stuart Whitmore
Donkey list: 428110
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/