Carl,

I mark feeds that have not been updated for an extendeded period of time 
dead, usually 9 months, but marking them rejected is also an option. I 
think it would be safe to assume that this is where some of the dead 
links come from as hosts kill the unused sites. I do also always try to 
leave a note as to why it was marked dead such as lack up updates in 
over 9 months, no such URL and so on. I use rejected for spam blogs or 
blogs or ones with no original content at all. Syndic8 says that 
rejected feeds include abandoned or test type feeds. I just use the nine 
month rule to provide a line for me between the two. (Newbie answer :)

Regards,


Lance



Carl Starrett wrote:

>I have two questions about how two different situations I have come 
>across:
>
>1.  A number of feeds I have come across haven't been updated for up 
>to a year or more.  The URL is valid, but nothing new is being 
>posted.  Should I mark the feed dead?  Should I reject it?  Should I 
>just leave a note?
>
>2.  In other cases, I came across an invalid link, usually at 
>blogger.com.  Should I reject it or mark it dead?  I am not sure why I 
>would choose one or the other.  Maybe when a feed is rejected, the 
>review might be required to specify the reason or the rejection.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
>
>To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
>http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
>(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
>
>To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> 
>
>
>
>  
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to