I learned something interesting yesterday. In RSS 2.0, the <guid>
element
is allowed to essentially stand in for the <link> element, as long as
the
isPermaLink attribute is set to true.

This affected a few feeds, so I have improved Syndic8's RSS parser so
that
it now handles this properly. The changes will be visible after the
current
poll finishes its work sometime late tonight.

Feed 427020 (a featured feed) exhibited this behavior. The feed owner
emailed
me to ask why his links didn't show up, I did some investigation, and he 
was right, so I fixed the code.

Jeff;


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to