Just a heads-up.

I upgraded a spambot-blocking plugin for WordPress called Bad Behavior 
yesterday, and it's now blocking Syndic8.  I assume it's related to the 
upgrade, though it could be a coincidence if Syndic8's bot changed around the 
same time.

Bad Behavior works by targetting the following:
1. Known spambots
2. Mismatches between headers (i.e. the UA claims to be MSIE, but the agent 
doesn't send all the headers that IE does.)
3. HTTP Protocol violations, which seems to be where Syndic8 is getting caught

http://www.ioerror.us/software/bad-behavior/

The log entry states: "Header 'Pragma' without 'Cache-Control' prohibited for 
HTTP/1.1 requests"

For now I've whitelisted the IP address, but I thought you might want to know 
so you can either fix the headers (if this is a valid problem) or contact the 
plugin author to get Syndic8 recognized explicitly.

-- 
Kelson Vibber
www.hyperborea.org


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/T42rFC/KbOLAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to