Hi everyone!

 

I wanted to introduce myself to the group.  I just created my first RSS feed
and have some really basic questions.

1).  Like a web site, do I need to go around and submit my feed to every
carrier around?  I can understand that Google or Yahoo! can discover my feed
when they crawl my site, but I wonder if that is enough?  I submitted my
feed to syndic8 and a couple of other sites, but I could grow old if I need
to submit them all over the place.  I'm too cheap to pay money for software
I don't need to submit my feed for me.

2).  Is there a way to automatically update the date listed in my rss.xml
and .htm files automatically when I change something.  I ought to be able to
have a program that will scan for date/time changes in my .xml and .htm
files and update the date/times within them.

3).  I noticed that some sites seem to have something that updates their
sites every few minutes/hours to keep their stories on top (to the exclusion
of everyone else).  Is this something that will eventually be banned or get
their sites blacklisted?

 

 

Thanks-

 

James Copenhaver, PMP

Key Results Management, Inc.

Work:  (404) 437-6485

Cell:  (404) 290-6246

www.k-r-m.com <http://www.k-r-m.com/> 

 <http://www.abc-concepts.com/> www.abc-concepts.com
<http://www.abc-concepts.com/> 

 

Advanced Business Continuity Concepts 

Five Day Introductory Workshops

  _____  



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to