ok. cool. that's the answer I needed.
  
  NG

Stuart Whitmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:        First off, thanks for helping 
with reviewing feeds!  :)
  
  You can look through earlier message threads on this list about this
  aspect of reviewing feeds, but I personally would not mark a feed
  "dead" based only on lack of activity unless the last entry was over a
  year ago (unless the final entry specifically states that the blog or
  feed won't be updated anymore).
  
  Some feeds just aren't meant to have a lot of traffic, and if that
  meets the needs of the publisher and subscribers, we're not doing
  anyone a favor to reject such feeds based on lack of activity.
  
  As I see it, our main role is to ensure that the feed is technically
  sound and not spam, and *not* make editorial decisions about the
  content or the frequency of activity.
  
  When in doubt, it's definitely OK to just go on to another feed and
  leave the one in question for somebody else to deal with.  I do it
  fairly regularly, if a feed is borderline between approval and needing
  repair or has fairly stale content.  The backlog of feeds needing
  review is a concern, but not a big enough one that we should be
  reckless with our actions on the feeds we review.
  
  Thanks again for your interest in helping review feeds, we can always
  use more hands on that task!
  
  --
  Stuart Whitmore
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.just-stuart.com/
  
  On 4/13/06, nedguy333 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  > I'm dipping my toe in, trying to do my bit to reduce the 'awaiting
  > approval' pile, but I'm not terribly confident about what I'm doing.
  >
  > EG. the feed I'm looking at right now looks ok, but appears to have run
  > out of steam. The last headline was early December. My instinct is to
  > reject it on the grounds that it is dead. But should I just add a note
  > saying 'not approved because dormant'? If I do that I'm just leaving
  > it for somebody else to approve/reject. At least if I reject it
  > there's one less awaiting approval.
  >
  > Nedguy
  >
          

    If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
  
  To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
  http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
  (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
  
  To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit 
http://www.syndic8.com/  

                      

          SPONSORED LINKS    
                                                        Business finance course 
                                         Business to business finance           
                               Small business finance                           
                                               Business finance consultant      
                                    Business finance magazine                   
                       Business finance schools                                 
                                            
        
---------------------------------
    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS  
  
      
    Visit your group "syndic8" on the web.
     
    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     
    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.  
  
      
---------------------------------
  
  
          

                
---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger  NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to