> From: "Jeff Barr" [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Date: Mon May 29, 2006 6:53pm(PDT) > Subject: Database upgrade complete > > After doing more than my fair share of studying, planning, backups, and > finger-crossing, I upgraded Syndic8 to a much more recent version of > MySQL this evening. I am now running version 4.1 and things are looking > good so far. In fact the site may be just a tiny little bit faster than > before. > > Please do let me know (via a post to the list) if you see anything > strange going on.
Wow, I'm surprised you didn't do this long ago. MySQL 4.1 offers significant performance improvements over previous versions, in particular if you have enough memory and carefully allocate it to the query cache and other buffers. Upgrading is usually painless, bumping up to 5.x can be pain though. The only "strange" I noticed, and it has been awhile since I logged in, are the snappy page loads. Good work Jeff. ~d -- Douglas Clifton [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://loadaveragezero.com/ http://loadaveragezero.com/app/s9y/ http://loadaveragezero.com/drx/rss/recent ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how. http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
