For a general audience...
"At a basic level, finding subscribers... is like finding visitors to
a regular Web site. That means you can use the same techniques, such
as simply telling people in an email newsletter... etc. However, in
addition to these 'traditional' online promotion techniques, there are
other mechanisms that are specific to RSS which can help you gain
subscribers."
To read the rest, see "Finding Subscribers" at:
http://www.just-stuart.com/geeks/rss_treatment.php
and scroll about 2/3 of the way down the article. You may find other
worthwhile info in the Documents section on Syndic8.com.
For the audience of those of us on this mailing list (i.e., in the
Yahoo! Group), I would recommend not advertising at all. Just be an
active member of the community and participate in the discussions when
appropriate, and make sure you include your site's URL in your
signature, as I've done below. I don't get a ton of traffic that way,
but I do get enough to notice it, and it's (hopefully!) not intrusive.
--
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/
If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/