As I've said in the past, I really don't think it should be possible
for the person who suggests a feed to approve it.  It's too easy to
abuse the system.

I just took these feeds...

467594
467557
467553
467551
467601
472558
414969

...(all of which were suggested and approved by one person) out of
Syndicated status and put them into Awaiting Repair, because none of
them even passed validation.  (Most were approved today, and all of
the failures were related, so it's not a validation fluke.)

That individual has over 5,000 feeds in the database, so I don't have
time to go through them all, but given the commercial nature of the
feeds, I don't think this was a "mistake."

I know there are work-arounds to preventing a suggesting user from
approving the same feeds, but there should be some kind of obstacles
to make this sort of problem more difficult to cause.

-- 
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/


If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to