As I've found out first-hand, "rolling your own code" for syndication can be fraught with problems. Then again, using somebody else's code (e.g., by using CMS or blogging software) isn't necessarily going to give you perfect results either, so I guess there's really no substitute for learning as much as you can. That way you can either reduce the errors you make in your own code or fix errors in 3rd-party code.
There's quite a lot of information in the Documents section on Syndic8.com. That, plus regular use of a feed validator (such as at feedvalidator.org) should help out a lot. If you have specific questions, feel free to bring them up here, and hopefully somebody can help you out. -- Stuart Whitmore [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.just-stuart.com/ On 9/6/07, Leigh ************ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I joined because I want to syndicate my blog and that of my son. My > husband likes to get RSS feeds on everything his family & external > family posts and RSS is the best way for him to 'get it now'!! > > I prefer to do all my own programming, but am in gross need of knowledge > when it comes to syndication. > > Thank you, > *************************** (aka ShastaDaisy3000) > store - http://www.artisticexpressionsinwoolandglass.com > Spinner, crafter, weaver & knitter (Gee, I wish I were an octopus!) > > > > <http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/gateway.aspx?S=5176697856> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) > > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) > > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
