Bugs item #1841000, was opened at 2007-11-29 15:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dooglus
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=757416&aid=1841000&group_id=144022

not just the latest update.
Category: Crasher/nasty bug
Group: None

Initial Comment:
AMD Athlon, WinXP Prof., binary files,

Hello.

Well, before a long time I experimented with synfig and started working and was
very satisfied with the fast and easy handling of the program.

When I started experimenting with the animation feature once the program
crashed. Up to that time (I think this happened more than a year ago) I was
unable to start synfig anymore.

I tried to delete and reinstall anything (GTK, Core, Studio). Anytime a new
release would come up I tried to install the new releases and also I tried
installing third party releases and so on... It worked never again.

Long time past since the crash happened (at least one or two versions before
0.61.07) and so I am not able to explain detailed how I did it but I can say
how synfig behaves since then.

When I start the studio the console and the studio loading screen pop up. The
loaded (as usual). When the loading finished and the tool window and the sheet
window should come up... nothing... In the task bar I have two tasks then, both
called "Synfig Studio". The first one is the console (which is blank) and the
second one gives absolutly nothing on clicking to it. When I shut down the
latter task the console gives several shut down information and finally both
tasks are gone.

When I double click onto one of the example files (e.g. candy.sifz) I everytime
get a canvas browser, layers browser and the sheet window where the image
should be drawn. The sheet is blank everytime I try this but in the layers
browser you can see all the different layers.

Maybe this helps.