Bugs item #1862720, was opened at 2008-01-02 22:27
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dooglus
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=757416&aid=1862720&group_id=144022

not just the latest update.
Category: Compile-Time
Group: Latest release

Initial Comment:
configure checks for libltdl:

checking for lt_dlinit in -lltdl... yes

Because it was found, libsynfig is linked against it.
synfig-0.61.07/src/synfig/Makefile.am has:

libsynfig_la_LIBADD = @LIBLTDL@ @SYNFIG_LIBS@ @LIBADD_DL@

and configure generates a Makefile there with:

LIBLTDL = -lltdl

However, the headers used for compiling against libltdl are those for the
libldtl that is included with the synfig distro itself, not the one on my
global system (i.e., the ones  that match the lib that is linked). That same
Makefile.am has:

INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir)/src -I$(top_srcdir)/libltdl

so the local libltdl's headers are used unconditionally. Instead, I think
@INCLTDL@ should be passed there, as configure automatically appears to set it
to be in sync with @LIBLTDL@ (either the local -I if a local libltdl or blank
if a global -lltdl).