During development of canvasview branch I've noticed some crashes when closing
(and discarding) a dirty file. I assigned it to some bugs I did when
redirecting the signals for the menu action not properly. I think that they are
fixed now but when you mentioned this I cannot be sure if those crashes
(segfault) are due to that or not. I have had two kind of crashes: A
segmentation fault (when closing a dirty file) and a GTK complain due to some
signals not properly stacked. But I'm talking on a development branch based on
the master branch you see crasher so I cannot confirm it at the moment.

I propose to:

1) Confirm that 47fce282611fbba1044921d22ca887f9b53ad91a commmit and the
previous one are the buggy ones. Please create a debug enabled binary for the
commit that is crashing and for the non crashing commit and continue using them
extensively. Run them using gdb. ( I know it is slower for production but it is
the only way to confirm the origin of the crash). If it crashes please paste a
back trace. You won't have any problem with the sif files because the file
format doesn't after those commits.

2) If it is confirmed that it is buggy (I'll do some extensive tests too), I'll
rename the current master branch to master-inestable and create a new master
branch from the stable commit. Then cherry pick the commits to continue
development since the latest master development.

3) If after remove the suspicious commits it continue being inestable then we
have to go back to step 1) and continue searching back the guilty commit.
Please run synfigstudio within gdb and compile it in debug mode.

4) If 3) is ok, then I'll add the removed commits to an isolated branch
('fedora-etl' for example) to test it in a devel branch to see what's the cause
of the crashing and if there is a crashing recipe.

I'll try to do some works on shot 20 to see if I can reproduce the crash.

Thanks for report it.
Regards
Carlos