2012/1/31 Yu Chen <jco...@gmail.com>:
>> This commit worries me, because it makes the top toolbar even wider.
>> That prevents the user from resizing canvas window to smaller size.
>

> I intended to fix a first sight of a new Synfig Studio user when he
> takes a look at the buttons of canvas window: they are staying one
> by one and are difficult to distinguish even there are some vertical
> separators to separate them into several groups.
>
> Its my fault, I assumed the minimal width of canvas window is 600,
> due to my lack of serious experimentation with Synfig Studio. :(
>
> In your professional point of view, what the minimal canvas window
> size should we setup?

Please don't blame your self and don't treat that as angry critique.
It's just the feedback. I like your changes for preview window BTW.
^__^

The minimal canvas width  - 200 px is fine for my taste if possible.

>> To workaround the issue it is possible to replace Gtk::HBox with
>> Gtk::Toolbar widget (it allows cropping for button layout).
>> The best solution (but requiring more work) is to move toolbar from
>> canvas window to the Toolbox window.
>>
>> What do you think on that?
>

> Let me try the quick way first (replacing HBox with Toolbar). I am not
> sure if merging toolbar to toolbox is a reasonable solution since toolbox
> is a bit overloaded nowadays.
>
> Thanks for the input, this is really important point we should take into
> account while redesigning Synfig Studio UI.

Yes, the Toolbar solution is easier to do. And it is a good step.
I think we will ship the current version (0.63.04) as is and any
further toolbar modifications will go to the next release.
Please keep up your efforts!
Cheers!
K.

--