Bugs item #3474332, was opened at 2012-01-16 00:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by genete
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=757416&aid=3474332&group_id=144022

not just the latest update.
Category: Crasher/nasty bug
Group: Latest release

Initial Comment:
If I play/stop playback of the canvas, often the canvas stops responding. It
doesn't update when moving the bar in the timeline but the animation can still
be played back. Stopping animation then puts the canvas back to the frame it
froze on.

It happens almost always if I play/paus rapidly.

I haven't been able to trigger this bug with the default play/stop shortcuts
(ctrp+p/Escape) but it can always be triggered (as far as my tests go) when
changing the shortcuts to something else like comma/period or greater
than/lesser than.
I've also never been able to trigger this bug by using the play/pause buttons.

To reproduce change play/pause shortcuts in the accelrc file, then open Synfig.
Create a circle and in animation mode place it at left side of canvas. Then on
last frame move it to right side of canvas.
Scrub timeline and see canvas update.
Hit play/paus a couple of times scrub back and forth a bit and eventually see
the canvas stop updating.

Date: 2012-04-09 02:07

Message:
This bug becomes a crasher in OSX Lion.