I agree with Konstantin on one icon and with Yu on the other!

A flat ball in green in Synfig Studio means a position duck to me, so I'm
used to it representing positions. A green disc in the parameters panel
represents seems very logical to me, particularly when it represents a
green duck on the canvas. However, for me a dot with an arrow represents
movement - it looks like the weather symbol for wind. I think this new icon
is misleading for a new user.

In other software I've used a vector is represented like this (sorry about
the rubbish ASCII art!)

^
!_>

(An arrow pointing up joined to an arrow pointing right at the origin)

One arrow moving diagonally, although correct mathematically, looks like
movement rather than a vector.

However I love having the folder as the group icon - that box icon was
really ugly - it looks like something in Microsoft Visual Studio. The
folder makes sense logically as that is how new users will think of it. So
I'd definitely keep the folder.

All the best,

Dave
--