I'm sorry for being so boring...
I didn't mention but I have just upgraded to Mavericks. Running standard
building script (the ones from the wiki) I get the following error message:

base_types.cpp:171:79: error: cannot pass object of non-POD type 'const
synfig::types_namespace::TypeReal::Inner' through variadic function; call
will abort at runtime [-Wnon-pod-varargs]

        static String to_string(const Inner &x) { return
etl::strprintf("Real (%f)", x); }

          ^

among many other warnings that I suspect that they come from a pedantic
status of the compiler included in OSX 10.9 (clang I think).
Building the branch at commit ID: e338761with this build script:

#!/bin/sh

CPUS=4

cd synfig

prefix=$(pwd)/install

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$prefix/lib/pkgconfig"

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $prefix/share/aclocal"

export PATH=$(pwd)/synfig-core/src/tool/.libs:$PATH

#export CXX="/opt/local/bin/ccache /usr/bin/g++"

#export CPP="/usr/bin/cpp"

export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include"

export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib"

cd ETL                                                                  &&

autoreconf --install --force                                            &&

./configure --prefix $prefix                                            &&

make --debug=b install                                                  &&

                                                                        \

cd ../synfig-core                                                       &&

glibtoolize --copy --force                                              &&

autoreconf --install --force                                            &&

./configure --prefix $prefix --enable-optimization=0 --enable-debug     &&

make --debug=b -j $CPUS install                                         &&

                                                                        \

cd ../synfig-studio                                                     &&

/bin/sh ./bootstrap.sh                                                  &&

./configure --prefix $prefix --enable-optimization=0 --enable-debug     &&

make --debug=b -j $CPUS install

I would try to fix that error message and continue compiling...

> > Can you please check if it builds in Windows.
>
> Hi!
> I have tested in cross-compile environment and it built fine. Now I am
> going to test in native Windows...
> K.

Carlos
http://synfig.org