Weeks ago, Genete raised the same topic regarding new stable release.
In his mail, he built a list of bugs, fixes, features that considered
as must be solved. From my point of view, it is a good start to get a
release. I advise the have a "feature freezing" after sound support is
done this month.

For myself , I am traveling crazily these months, and can't mange to
contribute more time, but I would like to fill the gaps of icons as
planned long before. And one other task if I have more free time, I
will complete Chinese training courses, all strings and voice recording
are done, what I have to do is to synchronize sound and video, update
and publish it.

Regarding version number, I don't care at all:)

Cheers! 发件人: Konstantin Dmitriev
发送时间: ‎2014/‎5/‎8 14:47
收件人: synfig-devl@lists.sourceforge.net
主题: Re: [Synfig-devl] Next release, is 1.0 realistic ?
> Hello pilots from the vector world,
>
> During last month synfig, thank's to community funding, thank's to
> konstantin managing, thank's to ivan coding .... , has fly has an alpha
> jet and it's clear synfig versionning will do the same.
>
> But during the same time, has major improvements appeared, many bugs and
> lacks of polishing also came.
> Regarding that, i do not think it's a good idea to plan 1.0 but
> something stressless, like 0.9x . This will give us a window to release
> sooner and to work on a very fixed and polished 1.0
>
> What do you think ?

Hi, Djay,
 I would better go for 1.0. And the following fixes will go to 1.0.1  (or 1.1).

K.

--
http://morevnaproject.org/