Hallo!

>    I cloned morevnaproject and tried to build gtk3 branch . I get the
> following error messages after which i get a lot of undefined refernces
> errors and the build stops . Instead of running the original script , I
> commented all the function calls in "mkall()"  function , and then , I
> uncommented one and run the script like this  :
>
> mkall(){
>  fun1
>  #fun2
>  #fun3
> }     //run build script
>
> mkall() {
>
> #fun1
> fun2
> #fun3
> }     // run build script
>
> mkall(){
>
> #fun1
> #fun2
> fun3
> }
> .... by doing this i found that mkimagemagick function is where i get
> these error messages .

OK, I see. ^-_^
There is an easier way to run the script in such way - you can specify the
function name as a script parameter. For example, if you want to run
"mkimagemagick" function, then just type the following in the Cygwin
console:

$ bash
/cygdrive/c/synfig-build/synfig/autobuild/synfigstudio-cygwin-mingw-build.sh
mkimagemagick

In this case you don't need to edit the script and that saves time. ^__^

> [...]
> *** or is declared to -dlopen it.
>
> *** Since this library must not contain undefined symbols,
> *** because either the platform does not support them or
> *** it was explicitly requested with -no-undefined,
> *** libtool will only create a static version of it.
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Blob.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/BlobRef.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/CoderInfo.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Color.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Drawable.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Exception.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Functions.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Geometry.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Image.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/ImageRef.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Montage.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Options.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Pixels.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/STL.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/Thread.lo
>   CXX      Magick++/lib/TypeMetric.lo
>   CXXLD    Magick++/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16.la
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive magick/
> libMagickCore-6.Q16.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive wand/
> libMagickWand-6.Q16.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
>
> *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> /cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick-6.8.7-10/magick/
> libMagickCore-6.Q16.la.
> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
> Magick++/lib/.libs/Blob.o: In function `Magick::Blob::base64()':
> /cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick-6.8.7-10/Magick++/lib/Blob.cpp:105:
> undefined reference to `__imp_Base64Encode'
> /cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick-6.8.7-10/Magick++/lib/Blob.cpp:110:
> undefined reference to `__imp_RelinquishMagickMemory'
>
> //
> ....(lots of undefined reference errors )
>     followed by
> //

> Makefile:5347: recipe for target 'Magick++/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16.la'
> failed
> make[2]: *** [Magick++/lib/libMagick++-6.Q16.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick-6.8.7-10'
> Makefile:10104: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick-6.8.7-10'
> Makefile:10575: recipe for target 'install' failed
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>

> please let me know what should i do and does running the build the way i

I suspect the build environment was messed because you run the script from
the master branch first, and after that you have run the script from gtk3
branch (which have another set of libraries). ^__^

Let's try to resolve the situation by telling the script to re-prepare
environment.

Please do the following:
1) Remove "C:\cygwin\prep-done" file
$ rm /cygdrive/c/cygwin/prep-done

2) Then remove all directories starting from "ImageMagick" from
"C:\synfig-build" directory
$ rm -rf /cygdrive/c/synfig-build/ImageMagick*

3) Re-start the script:
$ bash
/cygdrive/c/synfig-build/synfig/autobuild/synfigstudio-cygwin-mingw-build.sh

I hope that helps.

Regards,
K.