Hello Djay,

Good work  on the preferences dialog! (and also other features)
At the moment we have "rendering' branch actively developed, so I
think it will take place of "master" branch very soon. So, I think,
the best would be to apply those changes on top of "rendering" branch.
You will need to do minor changes, related to the widgets for choosing
rendering method - we use dropdown list now.

I have noticed, that brushes paths aren't saved yet. Also, if I open
preferences dialog more than one time, then I can see the new
(duplicate) entries are added to the list of brushes paths. This is
not a  critical bug, but would be nice to fix this before merge. ^__^

Regarding to Group tooltips: I agree with Yu that it would be nice to
have it as option. Also, it would be nice to choose what to display -
layer name or parameter value. But anyway, the current implementation
is better than nothing!

Thank you for contributions!

Best Regards,
K.