On 5/14/2017 7:38 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
Thank goodness! I took a look at that README and my head started to explode. I am not a perl developer so that was going to be very time consuming to get up to speed on that. I will let you have it... :)
Well, if you want to learn, I'd love to mentor others. I've tried to make it more straightforward each time I edit that document. And the interesting things is that it's very multi-disciplinary and more sysadminny than perly.

To me, the priority would be getting ruleqa/masscheck better documented and back up and running would be ideal.
I will change to working on this as my next priority.

Cool, there is at least one CGI so getting that website working along with rsync for submissions would be my first attack. I believe you are a masscheck submitter so you'll know when the rsync password file, etc. is working.

Once the website works again and the rsync is working, work on what's needed to get the scripts firing again.

*IMPORTANT* I've captured a week + a few days of the cron output before the server was turned off. This is in /home/kmcgrail/SACron.gz.

It's an mbox format to let us sleuth into things like cron jobs for masscheck and rules update that run differently once per week. It also will let us look at any errors the system might have been throwing before the server switch over so we don't chase down strawmen.

This should be one of the last sources of information that I have that isn't shared with the rest of the group well. Going forward, the centralized cron logging to the sysadmin mailing list will give us some archives of this data. Plus I figure any sysadmin can filter out the noise.

This is referenced in DNS by mirrors.updates.spamassasin.org TXT record pointing to http://spamassassin.apache.org/updates/MIRRORED.BY. Do you have the details on how this file gets updated on that apache.org server so we can add this to the wiki?
I'd document it in the wiki at least referring to the file as I'm trying to make the wiki a single source of truth. The fact that it doesn't show up at all is worrisome.

To my knowledge, MIRRORED.BY is hand edited on the server doing the hosting itself.

I'm working on instructions to setup your own channel which will nicely intersect with this work.

root email will deliver to this list now. Need someone to setup the r...@sa-vm1.apache.org to be allowed without moderation. See test email I recently sent from root to the list.