On 28 Jul 2020, at 10:19, Henrik K wrote:

Certbot runs just like before. I ditched the useless haproxy which handled port 80 redirect before, now everything is in Apache. Dunno if Darxus is alive, sent mail.. seems the script should be more suited to be run on
sa-vm anyway than some external server.

As noted in my later message: The script runs just fine from my own machine, so it's something more subtle than not following the redirect. It uses LWP::Simple->get() which apparently handles the redirect.

As for running on an external server, that has the advantage of providing an entirely unprivileged view of updates, e.g. just like any normal user.