Slightly off-topic... I am implementing COOKED (so far device only). The
iam element contains the "fqdn" and "ip" parameters. Let's assume a
multihomed device:

Generic device name: rtr.example.net
Interface 1: if1.example.com  (10.0.1.1)
Interface 2: if2.example.com  (10.0.2.1)

Only interface 1 & 2 will resolve via reverse DNS.

I assume that I put the generic device name into the fqdn as well as
obviously the interface used into th ip. So the "iam" may look like
this:

<iam fqdn='rtr.example.net' ip='10.0.1.1' type='device'/>

This also means that the collector can/SHOULD verify the IP address
given in ip, but MUST NOT verify the fqdn, at least not via revese DNS
(I am assuming NO tuning profiles are used in this stage - I am aware it
SHOULD verify based on authentication information if present).

Is my understanding correct?

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Rainer