... and some more comment:

> However, anyone trying to convey information of
> "Myproc[PID,Threadid]:"
> may have a problem with something like
>
>   syslog[12345,C:\usr\sbin\cron]:

I would place the burden on the emitor. The colon must be disallowed.
The emitor could use something like

    syslog[12345,C\\usr\sbin\cron]:

I think it would take too much to support this. I guess my primary
intention in showing this was that the implemntor should be careful.

> Albert suggests just having "syslog" in the cert/sig-block messages
> but that seems to be inconsistent with the possible formats of the
> normal syslog messages.

I think I don't fully understand this here. "syslog" would be fine,
wouldn't it? Of course, it must be terminated with either SP or a colon,
but other than that, I am currently seeing no issue.

Rainer