> > In the context of -sign, this is NO issue at all,[...] However, in
> > the light of -international, things are quite different.
>
> This line is important.
> It means (to me:)
>    -sign          is about security
>    -international   is about functionality, NOT about security!

I am on the move and can't read/comment on everything now. BUT: I think
any modern protocol needs to care a little bit of security. That is, you
should try to architecture it that way that there are no inherent
security risks, if you can avoid them. Of course, a protocol
specifically *designed* to secure things must hold to even higher
standards. But I am not ready to accept being lax with all others. I
think there are enough codes out there who don't care...

Rainer