Hi Folks,

As is was announced, we have a new Working Group ID.  It may be found
here:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-protocol-00.txt

I've updated our web page with this information as well.
  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/syslog-charter.html

Does this look like a good separation of the syslog protocol from the
syslog-sign mechanism?  If so, then we can pull out the "protocol"
sections from the syslog-sign ID and utilize Rainer's syslog protocol ID
as the basis for syslog-international, and for any other additional
features that people may want in event logging.  (Those things may be
outside the scope of this WG but I'll allow discussion on the mailing
list.)I would like comments on this ID please.

I believe that this is identical to what we've currently specified in
syslog-sign.  Rainer has some additional thoughts that he would like to
discuss on the list.  If everyone could give this some close attention, we
can get this moved along pretty quickly.

Thanks,
Chris