Hi Folks,

From the notes I've been getting and the recent discussion on the mailing
list, I'd like to ask for a sanity check.

1) Will you (or your organization) be transmitting or receiving syslog messages using syslog-protocol as described in the most recent ID?

I got few positive responses the last time I asked this so I'm going to ask some questions that I hope will be more directed towards the people who are either not going to implement, or who are sitting on the fence.

2) If you are not going to implement, would you consider doing something that would have less of an impact on current transmitters and receivers? (Such as keeping the start of the syslog message as "<PRI>..." rather than "1 888 4 00 ..." .)

3) Do you like the TIMESTAMP as defined in the current syslog-protocol ID?

4) Do you like the idea of using "structured data" as is currently described in syslog-protocol?

Thanks,
Chris